It’s not always easy being a housewife.
I always knew I wanted to be a mother. I’ve also known for a long time that the best thing for my kids would be to have a stay-at-home mom. But just because something is exactly what you want to do, does not mean that it’s easy for you to do it. I dream big, and I have a vision for how my days and life should be: clean house, delicious homemade food, happy children, and time for me to do yoga. But, not long after I quit my job to be a housewife, I realized that there’s the dream and then there’s the reality of life with a
baby toddler preschooler, of finances, and of maintaining my own sanity. I realized that are still going to be challenges in my daily life as I strive to match my reality to my dream.
Thus, the Housewife Challenges were created. These are my goals for myself, whether parenting, personal, or household related, and they are a large part of the life I chronicle on this blog.
Here are the Housewife Challenges so far:
- Get (and keep) the grocery bill under budget [read original post]
- Keep a clean house [read original post]
- Become a yoga master [read original post]
- Use my sewing machine [read original post]
- Practice patience [read original post]
- Plan (weekly) and cook balanced, varied meals [read original post]
- Prioritize and be realistic in expectations for myself [read original post]
Check up on me!
Every Sunday (or so) I write a “report card” on how I’m doing at keeping up with the Housewife Challenges. Some weeks (days!) are better than others — but that’s life. Read past report cards here.
*****Hey, hey! This page is just preserved for posterity. Congrats on finding it! Want to know what I’m up to these days? Visit Au Coeur’s Homepage *****