Finds of the Week:
- Ten medical tests or treatments you should question as a parent, Boston.com — I especially like number 2: “Cough and cold medicines for children under the age of 4 years. They don’t really help, and they can have dangerous side effects. Go for the chicken soup, humidifier, and honey (for kids over a year) instead. “
- Freya’s Gold: Milk Donation After Loss, Lactation Matters — Why one mom chose to pump and donate milk after the stillbirth of her baby.
- The Green You See Is Not The Green You See, NPR — I thought this was really interesting. How our eyes play tricks on us and how we interpret color.
- Hobby Lobby Wants to Stop Doctors From Talking to Its Employees About Contraception, Slate — And I don’t think I can ever shop at Hobby Lobby again…
- The Overprotected Kid, The Atlantic — A look at play and safety though the lens of a new kind of playground.
This week, a video from Kid President:
Pins of the Week:
If you are reading this in a reader, go to my blog to see the pins.
See more on Pinterest