Finds of the Week:
- After Newtown shooting, mourning parents enter into the lonely quiet, Washington Post — this is beautifully and heartbreakingly written, and brought me to tears…all we can do is send our love and get that gun legislation moving!!
- A queen’s message to girls: More than tiaras and cupcakes, CNN World — a letter from Queen Rania Al Abdullah, queen of Jordan, to all girls of the world.
- Severe adverse maternal outcomes among low risk women with planned home versus hospital births in the Netherlands: nationwide cohort study, British Medical Journal — the short of it is, planned home birth for low risk women is safer than hospital birth.
- SIDS: Risks and Realities What are the real risks for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome?, Psychology Today — a look at a recently released study on bedsharing and why it may be shortsighted — special focus on the role co-sleeping plays in maintaining a positive breastfeeding relationship.
- You Made That, NY Times — an interactive tool for making and sharing abstract art. Fun.
If you are reading this in a reader, visit my blog to see the pins.