Finds of the Week:
- Fostering Self-Directed Play: ten tips to help pre-schoolers entertain themselves, Loving Earth Mama — I liked this mama’s take on getting kids to play on their own better and longer.
- Hospitals Ditch Formula Samples to Promote Breast-Feeding, NY Times — Another look at formula samples in hospital take-home bags
- How often does breastfeeding just not work?, Breastfeeding Medicine — A look at how often women are physically unable to breastfeed (only about 5%), other roadblocks to successful breastfeeding, and thoughts about what we can do about them.
- HPV Vaccine Doesn’t Alter Sexual Behavior, Study Finds, NY Times Health Blog — Recent study finds that despite parent’s worries, vaccinating young teens against HPV does not increase their likelihood of engaging in sexual behavior
- Vote for the Dinner Party, NY Times Magazine — Michael Pollan on the “food movement” and why we should all care about California’s potential GMO labeling law.
This Week’s Pins