Finds of the Week:
- Association Between Urinary Bisphenol A Concentration and Obesity Prevalence in Children and Adolescents, The Journal of the American Medical Association — New study which found that BPA concentration was significantly associated with obesity in children and adolescents.
- Avoiding Sugared Drinks Limits Weight Gain in Two Studies, NY Times — Just as NYC bans super-sized drinks, two studies present evidence that replacing sugared drinks with sugar-free substitutes or water really can slow weight gain in children.
- How to Propose the Pogue Way, NY Times — Check out this incredibly creative and thoughtful proposal.
- Planned hospital birth versus planned home birth, Cochrane Review — Updated review of homebirth research. “Observational studies of increasingly better quality and in different settings suggest that planned home birth in many places can be as safe as planned hospital birth and with less intervention and fewer complications.”
- A Pot of Red Lentils, The Writer’s Almanac — It’s the first day of fall and this poem is just perfect.
Pins for Fall:
See more on Pinterest.