- Birth, Loss and In Between, InCulture Parent — A heartbreaking piece about dealing with losing a baby.
- Genetic or Not, Gay Won’t Go Away, NY Times — an wonderful op-ed piece about what it means to be Gay and whether or not one is gay from birth.
- One, Two, Three, Huffington Post — A beautiful look at motherhood after one, two, and three children.
- Randomized controlled pilot study to compare Homeopathy and Conventional therapy in Acute Otitis Media., Pub Med — Study found that homeopathy was favorable to antibiotics in treating ear infections. (Hat Tip, Holistic Healing)
- What’s Wrong With the Teenage Mind?, Wall Street Journal — Children today reach puberty earlier and adulthood later. The result: A lot of teenage weirdness. Alison Gopnik on how we might readjust adolescence.
- Why French Parents Are Superior, Wall Street Journal — “Cadre means that kids have very firm limits about certain things—that’s the frame—and that the parents strictly enforce these. But inside the cadre, French parents entrust their kids with quite a lot of freedom and autonomy.”
- Will a Daily Diet Coke Lead You to a Stroke?, Fooducate — “Researchers from Miami Miller School of Medicine and Columbia University analyzed data of over 2,500 people and found that daily consumption of diet drinks increases the chances of stroke, heart attack, and vascular disease by 43% compared to drinking regular soft drinks, or drinking diet soft drinks less than once a day.” …Umm, wow.
Last Week’s Finds on Pinterest:
See more pins and follow me on Pinterest.