Finds of the Week:
- Abortion ends one in five pregnancies worldwide, study finds, LA Times Booster Shots — Abortion rates were highest in regions with the most restrictive abortion laws, according to a new study in the Lancet.
- Buckwheat baby with salted caramel syrup, Smitten Kitchen — Breakfast?
- Handmade Wall Art, The Nester — a neat post about painting your own art for your home. Not as hard as you might think.
- Local Food and The Farm Bill: Small Investments, Big Returns, Environmental Working Group — Local food bill in Congress: all you need to know about the Pingree-Brown bill to promote local food systems.
- Weighing in on Paula Dean, Food Politics — Did you know Paula Dean has type 2 diabetes?
This Week on Papoose:
- Seeking Contributions — A request for birth/breastfeeding stories, and other relevant contributions.
- A Closer Look At Cow’s Milk — Part two of my examination of cow’s milk and how vital it is in diets.
- Anastasia’s Birth Story — a great story of a mom’s journey between first and second births.
I’ve decided it’s time for a change, and instead of Etsy Love, each week I’ll be sharing 9 of my favorite Pinterest pins from the previous week. Some of the pins will be of things for sale on Etsy, but some of them with also be things I found on blogs or other websites, and will include recipes and tutorials and the like. I hope you enjoy this new feature. You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking here. Each image is also clickable to view the pins (and source links).