Finds of the Week:
- Currently Reading, Stand And Deliver — If you are wondering why on earth someone would become an abortion provider, Rixa discusses books she’s read on the topic, trying to answer the same question herself.
- How Much Do Bloggers Really Make?, The Feminist Blogger — Gina honestly and openly discussed how much she made last year from her blog. Interesting post if you are interested in (or someday interested in) making money off your blog.
- Multiple Fathers and Healthier Children in the Amazon, InCulture Parent — a fascinating look at cultures in the Amazon where pregnant women have sex with more than one man as a means of having multiple fathers for their children, who then have to help provide for them. Studies have found that children with more than one “father” have a greater likelihood of living past childhood.
- Old Nichols Farm — I just discovered this blog and I must say I’m jealous. Jealous of the pictures (like these), jealous of the animals, but not jealous of North Dakotan cold.
- Smashed Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Pancakes, Joy the Baker — I pinned this for summer, because who wouldn’t want raspberries and chocolate in pancakes?
- This Week on Papoose: How Vital is Cow’s Milk? — two studies that might change your mind.
- Top 10 Beaches, National Geographic — Nantucket, of course.
Etsy Love — because when the weather is cold, all I want to do is curl up in a giant pile of color. By the way, I’m trying something new; to visit the Etsy listing, you can now click on the individual picture.
See more of my Etsy favorite here.