We had a beautiful and wonderful solstice today. I can’t wait to tell you all about it…tomorrow — for now, I’m beat! I did want to share pictures of this year’s holiday dress that I made for Nora (a tradition I started last year).
I’m so happy with how this dress turned out, and how fast and easy it was! It’s actually upcycled from a Betsey Johnson dress that I found at the TIOLI (for free!). This is the second Betsey Johnshon dress I have altered and, can I say, for how expensive they are, they’re pretty darn ugly. (Or at least not something I would wear as-is.) This dress is actually made out of the skirt portion of the dress. I forgot to take a “before” picture, but it looked something like this, only with a black, very wife-beater-esque tank-top sewn on top. I think the new and improved toddler version is so much cuter…plus, it was the perfect challenge to learn something new on my sewing machine: button holes. These were my first two ever, and I’m proud of how it turned out!