- Apple and Pomegranate Brussels Sprout Salad, Joy the Baker — This looks delicious, healthy, and easy. Yum.
- Free superhero reward chart printable!, Small for Big — We discovered a month or so ago how effective sticker were as a potty training reward for Nora — she finally asks to go! Though I made my own chart at first, I might just have to print out one of these; they’re super cute!
- The latest fish story: this time it’s Boston-area restaurants, Food Politics — Are you sure the fish on your plate is really the fish on the menu? Why I only eat fish at The Brotherhood or The SeaGrille.
- Making a Busy Book, Mouse House — definitely something for my crafty to-do list. This is cute!
- Panera’s Macaroni & Cheese, Janae Monir — Here’s something else to be thankful about: “Needing” to make sure my kid gets lots of extra calories is the perfect excuse for decadent macaroni & cheese. As if I needed an excuse.
- A Sister’s Eulogy for Steve Jobs, NY Times — Just incredible on so many levels: what a wonderful man he seemed like, what beautiful writing it is, and how very, very much he was loved.
- Thinking ahead to winter already: Felted Wool Garland and Hot Chocolate on a Stick DIYs
One of my favorite people, Michael Pollan, on The Colbert Report
Etsy Love, because it’s mitten weather!
1. Fingerless gloves with flap hand knit of wool 2. Wool mittens with felted flowers 3. Wool Mittens 4. Knitted Red mittens 5. Knit Crochet Baby Mitten Cocoon 6. Fashion Crochet Fingerless Gloves 7. Whale Mittens Felted Wool in Blue and Grey 8. Mittens in Traditional Scandinavian Snowflake Pattern 9. Puppy Dog – Hat & Mitten Set
See more of my Etsy favorites here.
And what am I thankful about today?
1. That Chris was smart enough to block the vent in our bedroom, which doesn’t close, with a piece of cardboard; that means the upstairs of the house no longer feels like the tropics. Last night was the first cool night I didn’t wake up sweating and uncomfortable and cursing the fact that I can’t turn the heat down any further because Nora’s room is downstairs where it’s a normal 62F. It only took us a year of living here to figure that solution out, but it’s wonderful!
2. That my landlords came today, which prompted us to clean,clean, clean the house this morning and now I have the whole day ahead of me.
3. That Nora is actually napping (first time since Wednesday) so I can write this post!