- Harvard to USDA: Check out the Healthy Eating Plate — Harvard explicitly challenges the USDA’s new plate, and offers their own take on the image. I love it but it’s obvious nothing will come of it: “dairy is not a must have; cut back on red meat; avoid bacon, cold cuts, and other processed meats, potatoes and french fries don’t count as a vegetable”…the lobbyists would have a heyday.
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake, Smitten Kitchen — How can you not???
- Sweet and Savory – Figs Two Ways, Running With Tweezers — This is channeling Chris. Wonder if I can find figs before his birthday?
- This is Why I’ll Never be an Adult, Hyperbole and a Half — if you haven’t seen this blog yet, you are really missing out. There’s too many funny ones to share, but this one is so true.
- Zulily — Lately I’ve been doing a lot of online shopping on Zulily, a site that has daily deals on baby and kids stuff (and a few things for mamas, too). Everything is around 50% off, which is awesome when you’re on a budget. I thought I would share it (by the way, if you decide to join with this link, when you make your first purchase I get $15).
Etsy Love — things Chris would like:1. Evolution of Man T-shirt 2. Recycled Circuit Board Pencil Board 3. Cutting Board 4. House Stark of Winterfell Leather Journal 5. Geek Love Card 6. Austin, Texas Screen Print 7. Wood Salad Bowl 8. Canvas Messenger Bag 9. Magnetized Spice Jars