- Bananas: The Uncertain Future Of A Favorite Fruit, NPR — Americans consume more bananas than apples and oranges combined. Dan Koeppel, author of Banana: The Fate of the Fruit That Changed the World, gives us a primer on the expansive history — and the threatened future — of the seedless, sexless fruit.
- Donating Through Grief: The Anderson’s Story — A YouTube video about an amazingwoman who after the stillbirth of her son who went on to donate hundreds of ounces of breastmilk.
- Fear, Empathy and Parenthood, Motherlode — My writing was featured on the NY Times again. Of course, it could have been under better circumstances, but it’s nice to be recognized nonetheless. The piece stemmed a discussion about accidents and whether it’s possible to avoid such tragedies.
- JCPenney pulls ‘I’m too pretty to do homework’ shirt after online complaints, The Washington Post National blog — I cannot believe anyone would think this shirt was sending an appropriate message.
- Nursing Bras That Show Mothers in More Than ‘Work Mode’, NY Times — Love that not everyone thinks nursing is incompatible with beauty.
- Peach Butter, Smitten Kitchen — this just made my to-do list.
- Practical Locavorism: Bananas In Winter, NPR — Great article about eating locally, practically.
1. Im 2 whats your excuse shirt 2. Second Birthday Felt Crown in Red and Navy Blue 3. Second Birthday T 4. Vintage Birthday Card 5. Cupcake Bunting 6. Two For Joy Magpie Print on Light Pink 7. Mod Monkey Birthday Girl Shirt 8. Birthday card and gift tag set 9. Word Number Custom Birthday Shirt
See more of my Etsy favorites here.