Finds of the week:
- Breech Options, Bellies and Babies — an excellent look at birthing options for breach babies (and lots of information on getting them to turn).
- Breastfeeding – Our Country’s Lactation Intolerance, Huffington Post — Op Ed referencing the ridiculous notion that the Breast Milk Baby will sexualize young girls. In the last few weeks, Nora has started nursing her dolls (and stuffed animals and other random toys), and there’s nothing sexual about it — it’s a normal part of mimicking motherhood, and in my thought, pretty sweet.
- First Day of School – Pocket Hearts, Curly Birds — cute and sweet craft idea for comforting separation anxiety.
- Serve Veggies FIRST, It’s Not About Nutrition — Studies have shown that serving raw vegetables or vegetable soup as an appetizer increases children’s veggie consumption.
- The Trail Is Not a Trail, Writer’s Almanac — love this poem
- Web Surfing Helps at Work, Study Says, Wall Street Journal — Surfing the web is productive!
Unfortunately there’s no Etsy Love this week (twice in one month, ugh!) because I didn’t get to it this week and today has been a hectic day full of tomatoes and last minute errand (which is also why this is such a late post). More on that in tomorrow’s report card.