Finds of the Week:
- Avocado and cucumber gazpacho, Running With Tweezers — I HAVE to make this!
- Google’s impressive healthy food program, Food Politics — Really interesting. I like the vending machine pricing strategy: “one cent per gram of sugar, two cents per gram of fat, four cents per gram of saturated fat, one dollar per gram of trans fat”
- How the South taxes, Washington Post Blogs: Ezra Klein — one of my high school friends posted this on Facebook and I think it’s very enlightening. Sometimes we talk about how much we miss Texas’ no state income tax, and then I see things like this.
- A Mama’s Skirt, Dig This Chick — I really enjoy this mama-blog. Beautiful pictures of her two girls and their life in Montana. This particular link goes to a nice little poem, but it’s worth surfing the site, I promise.
- New regulations for food, beverage advertising toward children, Los Angeles Times
Etsy Love inspired by all the planning I’ve been doing for World Breastfeeding Week!1. Wood Ring and Bead Nursing Teething Necklace 2. Fabric Nursing Gown for Hospital and Home 3. natural tea stained cotton nursing cover 4. The Lactivist Hat – Organic Cotton 5. Nude Bamboo Cowl Tee 6. Pro Breastfeeding “Supply and Demand” Mommy and Baby Tees 7. Motherhood little oil painting “Nurturing” original by Gioia Albano 8. Breastfeeding Package Natural and Organic 9. The Perfect Answer to the Weaning Question Button
See more of my Etsy favorites here.