- Baby Makes Four, and Complications, NY Times — Intriguing profile of a family made up of a single mother, her son, her best friend/the sperm donor and his partner. It’s part of a series the times is running as a periodic look into how “nontraditional” families are becoming a norm.
- BPA Exposure Worse Than Previously Estimated, Civil Eats — “According to a new study, exposure to the gender-bending chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) is worse than previously estimated. The study, which appeared Monday in Environmental Health Perspectives, is the first to recreate the chronic daily intake of BPA in humans, which leaches into our food–our primary channel for exposure–via its packaging. Researchers showed this by feeding a steady BPA-spiked diet to mice, whereas previous studies have only used a single exposure. BPA has been linked to fertility problems, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, attention deficit disorder and cancer. Scientists at the University of Missouri, led by Cheryl Rosenfeld, found that a constant stream of BPA into the body could result in the chemical sticking around longer than expected.” And Fooducate on the issue
- For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage, Gallup
- From White House to heartland, a call to give up subsidies, The Washington Post — I’m on this band wagon, too. Subsidies are one of the major contributors to the many crop issues we have in America: specialization instead of diversity, GMOs, and pesticide intensive production.
- Why Are Americans Getting Fatter? [Infographic], Healthy Meal Experts — This is a great infographic comparing our average weight in 1960-62 and 1990-92 with average fast food, fats, and sugar consumption.
Etsy Love:1. Child’s Pink Tea Set- Service for Two 2. Retro Teapot 3. KaziMoto Teapot, Handmade Stoneware 4.Soft Purple Teapot 5.teapot glazed in white 6. Painted Teapot- Birds on Branch 7. Mini Curly Teapot Green 8. Tea Pot 9. Hand Painted Child’s Tea Set
See more of my Etsy favorites here.