Finds of the Week
- Child-Care Money Has Biggest Effect on Fertility WSJ — Government money spent on child care to help families manage work-life balance helps raise fertility rates more than money given directly to families to subsidize births, according to a report released today by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). So people who spend less time with their kids want more of them?
- Conscious Parenting: Letting our Children Be Themselves on A Baker’s Dozen – This is a great post about responding to our children’s individual needs and wants, rather than conforming them to our view of who they should be.
- Junk Food ‘Guidelines’ Won’t Help, NY Times Opinionator blog
- Simple Quiz Speeds Diagnosis of Autism in Infants WSJ
- Three Moms Who Make Your Mothering Seem Perfect, NPR – book recommendations. Amy And Isabelle is a great read; I haven’t read the other two, but they sound intriguing…something else for the to-do list?
And an incredibly random collection of Etsy Love:1. Daffodil Yellow & Gray Iridescent MicroMacrame Earrings 2. Iowa State Series Letterpress Print 3. Yellow and Orange Felt Embroidered Owl Brooch 4. 5 yrd Dog Twill Ribbon 5. Child Sugar Cookie Bake Set 6. Blue Eyed Yonder little kitchen – Bonnie 7. Brown Puppy with Green Bow Hair Clip 8. Feather Hoops, Yellow 9. Romantic Yellow Floral Vintage Style Daffodil Dress