Finds of the Week:
- Literary Mama – All I can say is, how did I not know about this before this week!?!? Amazing, amazing online literary journal for “the maternally inclined.” I wish I had more time because all I want to do is read every post ever posted in their archives. Go check it out!
- and on that note: Nursing Johnny Depp By Molly Remer on Literary Mama – a creative nonfiction piece about nursing a toddler…and a toddler’s many toys.
- The Nantucket Wind Turbine Website, which provides live information on the power generated by our windmill. Since it was switched on in October 2010, it’s generated 104,625 kwh of electricity and has saved the public school $20,925 in electricity costs. I love Nantucket.
- Hidden consequences of a first-born boy for mothers – a study that found women with first-born sons are more likely to work less than women with first-born daughters.
- Is Sitting a Lethal Activity? on the New York Times
- Washington Teen Gaby Rodriguez, 17, Fakes Pregnancy as Social Experiment, ABC News — just weird.
- Also, three new additions to my online reader: Hobo Mama (parenting), Janae Monir (cooking), Joy the Baker (cooking)
Etsy Feature: June Afternoons
June Afternoons is Beth’s (of I Should be Folding Laundry) Etsy shop. Until May 31, 2011, she will be donating all of the proceeds from the sale of each print, gallery wrap or book to the March for Babies, March of Dimes in honor her twin sons, James and Jake, who passed away shortly after birth. Right now, they are halfway to our team goal of $5,000. She has some great prints from a variety of different photographers, go check them out!
See more of my favorite Etsy things here.