Finds of the week:
- The Best Part of Parenting on Motherlode – Anna Quindlen looks back, from infancy to adulthood. Beautiful, just beautiful.
- Jimmy Wong Saves The Internet on NPR All Tech Considered – how one man used YouTube to fight back against cyber bullying. Love, love, love his music video! And a follow up can be found here.
- Pregnant Commuter Tracks Subway Chivalry, WSJ
- Refrigerator moms and the evolution of parent-bashing, Nourishing the Soul — why do we blame parents for their kid’s mental health?
- Why Do We Let Them Dress Like That? Women of a liberated generation wrestle with their eager-to-grow-up daughters—and their own pasts, WSJ — interesting take on teen dressing (or lack there of).
- And this TEDx talk from Robyn O’Brien, a former food-industry analyst who founded the non-profit AllergyKids and wrote the 2009 book “The Unhealthy Truth: One mother’s shocking investigation into the dangers of America’s food supply — and what every family can do to protect itself.”, brought to my attention by Spoonfed, is so good I have to embed it here:
Etsy love after the break…
1.KSS Maternity TShirt 2. Little Pine Siskin – Original Bird Painting Canvas 3. Green Bird Applique Onesie, Cream Minky Bib and Burp Cloth Gift Set 4. Robin’s Nest Necklace 5. Bird Measuring Spoons 6. Pink Polka Dot Parakeet Clip 7. Bird and Branch Lariat 8. Little Bird Baby Girl Onesie 9. 2 Fabric Buttons Pony tail holders