- Effort to Restore Children’s Play Gains Momentum – NY Times. Messy houses are good — it means your child is playing! That’s all I needed to hear. 🙂
- For Capitol’s Nursing Mothers, an Escape From Politics – NY Times (Lactation rooms, yay!) and a follow up by Politics Daily: Capitol Hill Breastfeeding: Can ‘Boob Cubes’ Boost Bipartisanship?
- Japanese Politician Sparks Maternity Debate After Giving Birth at 50 – ABC News. Interesting; I had no idea how conservative the Japanese birth culture is.
- Let’s talk Girl Scout cookies – Spoonfed, one of my favorite food politics blogs talks about the evils of GS cookies. This is a really great read if you buy them or are thinking about buying them!!!
- Less wheezing in babies with high vitamin D – The Boston Globe
- Pregnancy-Related Deaths Rising – Babble (blog). The article is interesting but, what’s really worth reading are the comments. It’s a home vs hospital debate with people like Dr. Amy Tuteur (an obstetrician and gynecologist who runs the Web site The Skeptical OB where she often writes about what she sees as the dangers of home births and the inadequate training of midwives) and my hero Ina May Gaskin(who runs the Farm Midwifery Center in Summertown, Tenn. and blogs at inamay.com, and is a vocal advocate for home birth) weighing in. How do I get Ina May to comment on my blog?
- Watch Him Roll! Baby Edward’s Amazing Brain – Kurlwich Wonders, An NPR Sciencey Blog. This is a fascinating look at infant synaptic brain development, with a 4-hour time lapse video of a 9 month old playing.
Etsy Love:1. Find Your Happy Thought Print 2. Summer Trees Ring (Yellow) 3. Goldilocks and the Three Bears Vintage Wood Storybook Sign 4. Shabby Chic Set of 2 Chunky Distressed Candleholders 5. Baby is Sleeping Vintage Heart Hoop Door Hanger 6. Handmade Vegan Ballerina Flats 7. Tree of Love Watercolor 8. Amour Necklace 9. N is for Narwhal Print
See more of my favorite things on Etsy here.