- Expecting the Baby, But Not the Pain – Wall Street Journal article about Hypnobirthing.
- Licia Ronzulli Brings Baby to EU Parliament – Article from Britian’s Daily Mail discussing an Italian representative who wears her baby to work (parliament!) in a wrap. Too bad all employers can’t follow the EU Parliament’s example…
- Mindfulness as good as antidepressant drugs, study says – A new study published the Archives of General Psychiatry finds that depression patients in remission who underwent mindfulness therapy, a practice based on Buddhist Meditation techniques, did as well as those who took an antidepressant, and better than those who took a placebo.
- Notes from the Delivery Room – an interesting poem about birth by Linda Pastan on the Writers Almanac.
- A Sacred Journey – A fascinating blog post by Bellies and Babies about Native American traditions surrounding womanhood, pregnancy, and birth. Thanks to Mamapokie for sharing.
- Tummy Time: Why Babies Need More Than They Are Getting – An article on Slate that discusses the long-term implications of slow motor development associated with too much back-lying.
1. Custom fully lined pleated collar dress in grey 2. 2011 Nantucket Mermaid Calendar 3. Nantucket Starfish Little Girl’s Jumper 4. Flour Sack Tea Towels 5. Modern Bird Frame Pouch 6. Recipe Cards 7. Personalized Family Name Print 8. Girls’ Custom Boutique Cat in the Hat Dress 9. Massachusetts (from birds and blooms of the 50 states)