Finds of the Week:
- Are You An Adult? Or, Saturday Morning at 9:26am, Amid Privilege – What does it mean to be an adult?
- Eight Ways Monsanto Fails at Sustainable Agriculture, Union of Concerned Scientists — New Union of Concerned Scientist’s site on how Monsanto has failed to live up to its promises
- The Hunger Blogs, Huffington Post — “”They say, ‘You know, this is my lifestyle — I live an extremely low-calorie lifestyle and this is my choice,’” says Pascoe. “And what goes along with that is all sorts of personality traits that they’re very proud of. They have an extreme amount of self-control, dedication and willpower. And when they talk about it, they seem like these extreme athletes who run a hundred miles in a shot or do these 24-hour races.” This is so sad.
- I Had An Abortion… And I’m not ashamed to share my experience, Babble — a look at why it’s important for us to share our experiences (P.S. Don’t even bother with the comments.)
- I’m Not Okay With Chris Brown Performing at the Grammy’s and I’m Not Sure Why You Are, Hello Giggles — Questioning why we aren’t angrier at Chris Brown beating up his girlfriend, and what that means for women/domestic violence as a whole.
- Love in Three Photos, Slate – Sweet and heartbreaking photo haikus from Slate readers
Michael Pollan in Stop Motion
This Week’s Pins
See more on Pinterest.