Finds of the Week:
- Americans Get An F On Fat, NPR
- Breastfeeding and Reduced Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: A Meta-analysis, Pediatrics — “Breastfeeding is protective against SIDS, and this effect is stronger when breastfeeding is exclusive. The recommendation to breastfeed infants should be included with other SIDS risk-reduction messages to both reduce the risk of SIDS and promote breastfeeding for its many other infant and maternal health benefits.”
- F.D.A. Unveils New Rules About Sunscreen Claims, NY Times
- Love It Or Hate It, Pregnancy ‘Bible’ Has A Lot To Say, NPR — about “What to Expect When You’re Expecting”…not on my must-read list
- Resources for advocacy: school food and ag policy, Food Politics — a list of organizations working on food issues, particularly school food and the farm bill from Marion Nestle.
- Two amazing looking recipes on Indie Fixx: Sour Cherry and Ginger Galette and Summer Cocktail Series: Basil & Pink Grapefruit Paloma
Etsy Mermaid Love:
1. Upcycled girls mermaid dress 2. By the Sea Necklace 3. Starfish Navy Blue Thin Stretch Headband 4. Mermaid Princess -wrap around ruffle diaper covers 5. Under the Sea – Seahorse and Mermaid Signed Print 6. A Mermaid with Blonde Hair – Handmade Wooden Toy 7. Mermaid Under the Sea Centerpiece Decorations 8. Mermaid Ocean reusable kids FABRIC wall decal 9. Underwater Mermaid 5×7 children Giclee print
See more of my Etsy favorites here.